Awesome career content from across the web to start your week off right.
Hey guys! Trying something a little different and doing our awesome career news roundup right at the start of your week. If you woke up on Monday and weren’t excited about the week ahead, we’ve got some good pieces to get those creative job juices flowing.
Have a great week! Here’s your young professional lifestyle news:
1. If you’re in law and you don’t want a law job for whatever reason, read this article about J.D.s who are using their degrees for work in other fields.
2. Think online job searching is a total waste of time? Think again.
3. If you’re reaching for the stars, then you’ll want to check out these 15 tips on how successful people think.
4. Girls rule! Especially when it comes to startups. Women-led high-tech start-ups generate higher revenues per dollar of invested capital and have lower failure rates than those led by men.
5. Thinking about what industries have long-term promise? Check out this list of good job prospects for Millennials.
6. How do you get your news? Lifehacker published a list of the five best news aggregators based on reader recommendations.
7. Check out this Big Think video featuring Jeffrey Pfeffer, a professor of organization behavior at Stanford. Pfeffer explains why he thinks Millennials are unprepared to join the workforce.
Jaclyn Schiff is managing editor of Brazen Life. When she’s not Brazenly thinking about careers, she can often be found writing or tweeting about obscure diseases or media trends.