Why a puppy could steal your job, what NOT to say at work and more in this week’s link roundup.
Happy Friday, Brazenites!
Are you ready for some…link love?
Well, and football. Whether you’re gearing up for the Super Bowl, the Puppy Bowl, or just the commercials and great food, here are some reads to keep your career self in shape for the inevitable return to the real world on Monday.
(You are showing for work on Monday, aren’t you?)
1. While job gimmicks may get you attention, they’re probably not going to get you a job—or at least, not the right one.
2. The U.S. Census reports that “secretary” is still the most common job for American women. Surprised? We were.
3. Can you guess the most dangerous word to use at work?
4. What about four things you should never say to your boss?
5. Looking for a new way to track your career success and identify potential areas for improvement? Try keeping a work journal.
6. Do you know the essential item you need for freelance success that most people don’t want to talk about?
7. Forget having your job taken over by a computer—have you considered the fact that puppies are better employees than we are?
Have you read anything this week that’s worth passing on? Share it with us in the comments!