It’s not as hard as you think to make work awesome for your employees and keep them engaged!
The competitive job market continues to grow. This means ensuring employee engagement is absolutely necessary for HR pros wanting to improve retention — and who doesn’t want that? Battling employee engagement pitfalls within your organization is a major challenge, but you have the power to make a huge impact.
The competitive job market isn’t the only employee engagement issue HR pros are facing. With such a diverse workforce, the complications for finding uniform engagement solutions grows even more difficult. But with the right tools and information, HR leaders can lead everyone on their team to successful employee engagement.
Employees who are engaged are more passionate, motivated, and productive. A company like (which created the infographic below) has an employee feedback platform designed to make work better each day. They help HR pros develop a strategy to tackle employee engagement within their companies.
Here are the tips and trends you need to know to get started:
- Only 68% of employees agree they are paid fairly.
- The most engaged employees believe their organization will have a successful future.
- While 81.3% of baby boomers are engaged, only 70.1% of those ages 26-35 are.
- “My job allows me to utilize my strengths” has become the number one driver for employees younger than age 66.
- “If I contribute to the organization’s success, I know I will be recognized,” went up 7.06% since 2015 for employees.
What will it take to fully engage your employees? Sit down and chat with them today about what they need from you:
How do you stay on top of employee engagement trends? Let us know!
Waldorf, Md.-based Heather R. Huhman is a career expert, experienced hiring manager and president of , a content-marketing and digital-PR consultancy for job-search and human-resources technologies. She is the author of and .