Think you might be an introvert? See how many of these questions you answer “yes” to…
by Breanne Potter-Harris
You might be an introvert…
- If you often pause to formulate your response before speaking.
- If you get frustrated when others (extraverts) try to finish your sentence during those pauses.
- If you get an invitation for a party that says it will last “from 8 p.m. till the sun comes up” and immediately think to yourself “Okay, I’ll be done with that by 10:30 p.m.”
- If you return from a family vacation and feel like you need an extra few days of vacation to be alone and recharge.
- If you’ve ever had someone say “I can tell you’re thinking something…What’s going on inside your head?”
- If you have a small, very tight circle of friends and consider everyone else acquaintances.
- If you LOVE the day before a holiday when most of the office is on vacation and everything is quiet.
- If the idea of working from home…alone…makes you giddy.
- If it annoys you when someone pops by your cube to get your opinion on a brand new project.
- If you regularly follow up meetings with an email to everyone saying “I was thinking about what we discussed in our meeting today, and I wanted to add that…”
- If your teammates regularly have to ask your thoughts during a meeting and you realize you’ve been having your side of the conversation in your head.
- If it shocks you when random strangers share aspects of their personal lives.
- If you decide whether or not to go to a party based on which specific people will be attending.
- If doing group activities like team builders make you cringe.
- If you get frustrated or annoyed when someone “calls you out” in a meeting and asks your opinion without warning.
- If the phrase “think out loud” makes no sense to you.