As a young professional, you’ve probably filled your Google reader with career-related, political and news-heavy feeds. But don’t forget to sprinkle it with inspiring personal blogs!
As a young professional, you’ve probably filled your Google reader with career-related, political and news-heavy feeds. But don’t forget to sprinkle it with inspiring personal blogs! It’s easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle of work and forget that there’s more to life.
We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite blogs that career-minded 20-somethings should read if you’re looking to jump-start other parts of your brain. The bloggers behind these reads will give you a motivational kick in the pants!
1. : Now working on her M.A. in communications, Renee describes herself as a political junkie, social media nerd, suburbanite and beer connoisseur. Check out her latest series, “The Powerful Woman Monologues,” which she began in response to the media’s representation of women as inspired by the film Miss Representation.
2. : An author, social entrepreneur, father, story-teller, Sam’s blog should be a daily read for any young professional who’s looking for a way out of the clutter. Sometimes all it takes is a couple of sentences, but Sam never fails to truly inspire.
3. : Sam’s partner-in-crime at Proof Branding, Matt is a 26-year-old self-made entrepreneur who believes life should be lived deliberately. He’s also training for a marathon this year, so let’s cheer him on.
4. : Jenn is a quirky geek with the best sense of humor. One day she’ll have you laughing about her cats and the next, you’ll be pondering what plan the universe has for you.
5. : There’s no better way to describe this read than the blog’s own self-description: “GenMeh promotes self-actualization for slackers, offers up post-modern pep talks and tough love beatdowns and serves as a not-so-subtle soapbox.”
5. : Most of us create to-do lists, but how about to-quit lists? Cordelia, who also happens to be a Brazen regular contributor, has set herself on a mission to live by her own rules.
6. : We may hate talking about money and finances, but out of all the personal finance blogs out there, this is one of the most fun (and informative).
7. : Speaking of personal finance, this blog is straight out of the mouth of a 20-something who’s struggling to figure out finances like the rest of us. You’ll find inspiring () ways to save money, boost career satisfaction and pay down debt.
8. : Have skydiving on your bucket list? Sydey has not only gone skydiving, she’s created a lifestyle that weaves skydiving into it. She also offers a lot of foodporn to counter that adrenaline rush of skydiving.
9. : After quitting her job, moving back in with her parents twice – can you relate?! – and starting her own company, Lindsay is on a journey to create “a life of significance.”
10. : Ben works as a community manager for Yelp, but his journey “between carefree student living and adult everything’s a panic time” is one you don’t want to miss. Ask him about his amazing visit to Ethiopia.
11. : Want to live an epic life? Of course you do. Inspired by the Shawshank Redemption, Ben helps us take control of our lives instead of waiting for something to happen.
12. : This blog is all about working for start-ups. You’ll find everything from information on to actually surviving the start-up environment.
13. : It’s easy to get a little jaded during the hustle and bustle of being a grown up. Eleni reminds us of the things that matter by writing about the stuff we usually “only share when the lights are off.”
14. : David is a goal-crushing expert who wants to help you reach your goals. All the way from Australia.
15. : A brand-new online magazine full of inspiring bloggers hacking up their twenties to get the best out of their lives. They’re “dissecting their experiences and chopping up the rigmarole of their daily lives to share with you.”
Which blogs would you add to this list? What’s on YOUR daily reading list?
Berrak Sarikaya is a digital media strategist, writer, and coffee addict ready to amplify your world in Washington, DC. Check out her company for all of her services, one of which is a brand new blogger community network. You can also follow her personal journey on .