Your 20s are a hugely formative period of your career. Are you using them to your advantage?
Your 20s are a hugely formative period of your career. They’re your chance to learn, grow, develop and put yourself on the path for happiness and success. But are you using them to your advantage?
In response to a post titled in which a tech company president argued that college grads are lacking the skill his company truly needs (computer programming), Danny Rubin of the blog created a list of 25 essential skills, lessons, and pieces of advice that every 20-something should acquire.
Among the things Rubin listed:
19. Multi-tasking is great, but some moments require your undivided attention.
18. Take LinkedIn seriously.
17. Understand the pay-stub that accompanies your paycheck.
16. There’s no such thing as an overnight success. However, people who do “break through” tend to start their day while others are still asleep.
15. between a Roth IRA and Traditional IRA.
14. Even though college is over, you should still find extracurriculars. Among the many reasons, clubs and organizations are terrific places to network.
You can check out the full post .
What other lessons do you think are key to professional success in your 20s?