Fired for being too attractive, one company’s weeklong email ban and more in this week’s link roundup.
Happy Friday, Brazenites!
We bet now that you’ve read that headline, you really kind of want to check Facebook, don’t you? No? Don’t worry; our first story covers all sorts of workplace distractions.
Following that is our customary mix of delectable reads, sage advice and the occasional moment of “Really?!” A little something for everyone…
1. One study argues that —the energy it takes to resist the temptation only distracts them from their tasks!
2. Are you the office “yes” person? Learn .
3. Poised to make a career change? Here’s .
4. It’s not where you are, but what you do when you’re there—advice for .
5. Who says there’s no room for emotions in the workplace? A .
6. Just the thought of this kind of experiment makes us feel nervous—which might be why it’s so relevant. .
7. It’s not likely (thank goodness), but you can be fired for being too attractive. Don’t believe us? Check out these .
Have you read anything this week that’s worth passing on? Share it with us in the comments!