Training your brain to be happier, which jobs attract the crazies and more in this week’s link roundup.
Happy Friday, Brazenites!
Welcome to 2013. We’re honored to have you on board for another year and look forward to everything the coming months have in store for us. (’Cause you know it’s gonna be good!)
Let’s start the new year off right with some good reads:
1. Think your little black dress or dashing smile are all you need to win on the dating scene? Think again—.
2. How do your New Year’s resolutions stack up? Check out the . (We hope you’re not in the two percent trying to get their bosses fired. That is not the wisest of career goals.)
3. Certain jobs tend to make people more negative—not because employees don’t enjoy them, but because their work trains their brains to focus on negatives. Learn to .
4. You may be the savviest of digital discoursers, but don’t overlook the importance of basic, face-to-face communication skills. Heed these
5. Germaphobes, take a deep breath before checking out this .
6. You may not need that four-year college degree after all; one author argues that .
7. We’re not qualified to make any mental evaluations, but we can suggest you watch your back if you’re in one of these .
Have you read anything this week that’s worth passing on? Share it with us in the comments!